Examples of Assistive Technology
This list is a guide to the broad types of products, devices, hardware and software that can be purchased with a loan through DC FUNDS. At this time the minimum loan amount is $500 and the maximum amount is $10,000. A vendor quote is required as part of the application process.
- Computers including adapted mice and keyboards; productivity software
- Tablets and apps
- Adapted software such as screen readers, screen magnification, educational, communication etc.
- Electronic magnifiers; portable and desktop
- Scanning and reading devices or software
- Vehicle modifications
- Augmentative communication systems/devices
- Hearing Aids and assistive listening devices
- Telecommunications for the deaf/deaf-blind
- Braille embossers and software
- Blind and low vision devices for independent living
- Home modifications such as ramps, stair lifts; remodeling kitchens and bathrooms for better accessibility
- Environmental Control Units (ECU)
- Wheelchairs (Power and manual); scooters
- Durable medical equipment such as walkers, rollators
- Specialty & hospital beds
- Medical devices such as; sleep monitoring; breathing equipment and accessories
- Health, wellness and safety technologies such as, fall prevention/management devices, medication management systems, therapy and rehab technologies
- Personal emergency systems
- Wander and fall prevention management
- Any service to support assistive technology devices, such as assessments, training on the device, repairs and extended warranties.
Call for more information on devices and services
Stair Lift + Installation
Don't see what you need or have questions?
Please phone or email:
202-547-0198 Ex 134